BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
nobodytoldme
 Post subject: "McCartney" and "McCartney II" 'Archive Release' June '11
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:42 am 

According to the trustworthy source MaccaBlog, the next batch of Concord's 'McCartney Archive Releases' is going to be McCartney and McCartney II:

Quote:
"McCartney":
- 2 CD set, the second CD containing rare and unreleased material.
- 2 CD + 1 DVD set, including a 100-page book.

"McCartney II":
- 3 CD + 1 DVD set, including a 100-page book.

bipbop13
 Post subject: Re: To be announced: 'Archive Release' for "McCartney" I and II
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 am 

what happened to the 2 CD 1 DVD set WITHOUT the book option that was so popular (an inexpensive) with Band on the Run? :?

Where I Do Movie Reviews (not for the kids)

nobodytoldme
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:32 am 

bipbop13 wrote:
what happened to the 2 CD 1 DVD set WITHOUT the book option that was so popular (an inexpensive) with Band on the Run? :?

Yeah, I can't imagine they are skipping that option. And keep in mind this is still unconfirmed information.

thefireman
 Post subject: Re: Official: Remastered McCartney Catalog To Be Reissued in '10
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:40 pm 

What are the chances The McCartney Interview LP will make up the 3rd disc in the 3CD McCartney II deluxe release?

thefireman

RAJ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:51 pm 

What I'm REALLY looking forward to are any outtakes or alternate mixes that will show up on McCartney I. But, you watch, it will be nothing but live versions of the songs from the '90-91 and '93 tours...yawn.

thefireman
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:57 pm 

RAJ wrote:
thefireman wrote:
What are the chances The McCartney Interview LP will make up the 3rd disc in the 3CD McCartney II deluxe release?

thefireman

I'd like to see that. My copy is a bit scratchy.

A Japanese pro-CDR release came out recently (bootleg of course).
I've just flipped through it and it sounds very clean.
The 2nd disc is a data CDR with "Japanese translation".
Haven't popped that one in yet to see what it is. :thx:

thefireman

nobodytoldme
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:05 pm 

RAJ wrote:
What I'm REALLY looking forward to are any outtakes or alternate mixes that will show up on McCartney I. But, you watch, it will be nothing but live versions of the songs from the '90-91 and '93 tours...yawn.

Well, insider 'etcetera' made some very interesting comments over at SH.tv:

Quote:
Mid 2010, from mpl insider, the " possible " songs for the bonus disc for mccartney one were :

. Maybe i'm amazed ( long version )
. Every night ( other take )
. Suuicide ( Cavendish complete version )
. Rock n roll springtime ( long version )
. Cavendish Parade ( unreleased instrumental )
. Maybe i'm amazed ( 1st mix )
. Oo you ( instrumental )

All of these dated from 1970

plus :

. Suicide ( abbey road 1974 )
. Suicide ( Abbey road 1977 wings version for Sinatra )
. Hot As Sun ( reheasals from 1979 )
. Hot as sun ( live from Glasgow )
. Everynight ( live from glasgow )
. Maybe i'm amaeed ( live from glasgow )
. Man we was lonely ( 1988 duet with johnny cash )
. Singalong Junk ( 1991 rehearsals )
. That would be something ( 1991 rehearsals )

But other great stuff has been discovered since, in Paul's different houses and vaults , so ..........

[..]

Momma miss america is made of two instrumentals linked together, " rock n roll springtime ( With 2 minutes forgotten ) and momma miss america. Cavendish parade was recorded the same day than oo you ......but was left unused, because the insider said it's very rough but sounds very fresh and crazy ........ There is too a very strange version of some people never know, recorded at cavendish, as a duet with an unknown male singer, even Paul doesn't remember the guy, but the recording is brillant and very moving .........Another great lost gem found recently, as the original wonderful demo of " runaway " recorded with a guitar and linda on backings in the barbados in 1982, the day before the recording with ivory

And...

Quote:
And for the wild life remaster, there is a wonderful complete version of dear friend, 1, 5 minutes longer, with three totally different mixes, with the orchestration more proeminent, made by Richard Hewson, and two long crazy wings jams with strange overdubs ( a short part of them has been used for the link on the lp ) . The original release is a very bad edit ......... And Finally, 3 cassettes of demos from Summer 1970 have just been found in scotland last summer in a suitcase into a " le france boat" enveloppe , containing mainly RAM demos, with 29 tracks (with 2 unreleased tracks, not recorded during the ram sessions ..... )

:love:

One Virgin
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:48 pm 

"McCartney":

Now that the track listing is presented here, just what could the DVD material be? This is my favorite macca solo album of all time!

nobodytoldme
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:27 pm 

One Virgin wrote:
"McCartney":

Now that the track listing is presented here, just what could the DVD material be? [..]

Undoubtedly the 1991 "Unplugged" versions for "Every Night", "That Would Be Something" and "Singalong Junk". And the Glasgow '79 live versions for "Every Night", "Hot As Sun" and "Maybe I'm Amazed" for the bonus CD or as online bonus content. I don't know if footage for all these songs from the 1979 tour exists. At least "Every Night" from The Concert For Kampuchea will be included on the bonus DVD, I assume.

According to insider 'etcetera', posted earlier in this thread, possible bonus content is a complete take plus a rough mix for "Maybe I'm Amazed", an alternate take for "Every Night", an instrumental version of "Oo You", the complete version for "Suicide", "Rock 'n' Roll Springtime" ("Momma Miss America") and an unreleased instrumental called "Cavendish Parade".

Though I have a feeling we don't see any unreleased songs or alternative studio takes on any of these 'Archive Releases'. It would make sense for them to save that for a boxset with only unreleased material and alternative takes. We don't know yet, since the bonus content for the "Band On The Run" deluxe edition didn't gave us a very great clue about that. As we all know - and if you didn't knew you probably missed all the promo interviews :lol: - the original BOTR demos were stolen, so there was nothing to include from that. Though on the other hand there should be some 'Rude Studio' demos for at least "Jet" in the archives.

Back to the "McCartney" album content, user 'etcetera' also said the following songs could make the cut: "Suicide" (One Hand Clapping, 1974), "Suicide" (Abbey Road studio take, 1977), "Hot As Sun" (rehearsals, 1979), "Hot As Sun", "Every Night" and "Maybe I'm Amazed" from Glasgow '79, "Singalong Junk" and "That Would Be Something" from the 1991 "Unplugged" rehearsals, and a yet unknown take of "Man We Was Lonely" with Johnny Cash from 1988.

And that list makes perfectly sense with which I suggested at the beginning of this post. Even "Suicide" from "One Hand Clapping" should be no surprise, since it was cut out off "One Hand Clapping" at the BOTR bonus DVD.

nobodytoldme
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:52 pm 

Next weeks edition of Rolling Stone reports about the 'Archive Releases' for "McCartney" and "McCartney II". To be released "this Summer". And "unheard tracks and other bonus material" will be included.

RAJ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:40 pm 

nobodytoldme wrote:
Next weeks edition of Rolling Stone reports about the 'Archive Releases' for "McCartney" and "McCartney II". To be released "this Summer". And "unheard tracks and other bonus material" will be included.

Thanx for the heads-up. McCartney I has always been one of those albums that I look forward to hearing any outtakes from (or even alt. mixes). The McCartney II boot (The Lost McCartney II Album) is one of my favorites for reasons unbeknown to even myself. Gonna be a nice summer!

nobodytoldme
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:23 am 

nobodytoldme wrote:

Release date: June 6.

http://www.maccablog.com/en/n-remastere ... -8110.html

nobodytoldme
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:12 pm 

Insider 'etcetera' has got some exciting news about the forthcoming "McCartney II" deluxe-set, and more. I quote:

Quote:
Work in progress, from February 20111, for McCartney II

Bonus Disc number 2

Coming Up ( Wings Live Version )
Robbers Ball
Waterfalls ( Original Demo, made at Waterfalls , May 1979 )
Front Parlour ( Long Version )
Summer's Day Song ( Instrumental )
Blue Sway ( Instrumental )
All You Horse Riders
Darkroom ( Different take, 11mn long )
Check My Machine
Secret Friend
Wonderful Xmas Time

Bonus Disc 3

Coming Up ( long version )
Temporary Secretary ( Different take )
You Know i'll get you baby
No Values ( Waterfalls Demo )
Seems like Old Time ( Waterfalls Demo )
Mr H Atom
Check My Machine ( Long Version )
Frozen Jap ( Long Version )
Darkroom ( Longer version, from the commercial take )
Attention ( Waterfalls Demo )
Private Property ( Waterfalls )Demo )

2 Tracks are reserved to be given free for deluxe buyers

Bogey wobble
Boggey Music ( long version )

For the dvd :

Waterfalls video
Coming Up live
Coming up video
Making of Coming up ( 12 minutes )
Cannes May 1980 Home Made Trip movie ( with Attention and This is the Man ( without M Jackson ) demos from May ), with a great sequence with Ringo at a french restaurant
Wonderful Xmas Time

The mccartney interview can be used too, if mpl and concord want to keep some unreleased tracks for a box set of rarities, so disc 3 would be the interview

The choice of the rereleases of the 2 mccartney solo albums will be linked to the opening of the HP Cloud in June, and the hope for mccartney to release a new solo album, called McCartney 3, recorded beetween England and New York, totally solo and without strings and horns, just macca on instruments. The album has a possible date of release in autumn 2011, around the opening of the new ballet in New York. In November, Ram and Venus & Mars would be the next deluxe remasters with great bonuses too

RAJ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:31 pm 

My thoughts, for what they're worth:

Bonus CD:
Robbers Ball - I thought this was from the 'Back To The Egg' sessions but it always sounded like a McCartney II outtake to me.
Attention (Waterfalls Demo) - CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THIS!!!
Private Property (Waterfalls Demo) - CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS EITHER!!!

DVD:
Making of Coming Up (12 minutes) - AWESOME!!!
The Man (demo without M Jackson ) - Nice!

Can't wait to hear McCartney 3, I just hope it doesn't sound like a bunch of home demos like McCartney I did.

Richard Starlight
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:33 pm 

Does anyone know anything about whether hi-res unlimited files will be available this time around? I for one hope they keep the practice going for every one of these reissues.

cb70
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:51 pm 

RAJ wrote:
My thoughts, for what they're worth:

Bonus CD:
Robbers Ball - I thought this was from the 'Back To The Egg' sessions but it always sounded like a McCartney II outtake to me.
Attention (Waterfalls Demo) - CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THIS!!!
Private Property (Waterfalls Demo) - CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS EITHER!!!

DVD:
Making of Coming Up (12 minutes) - AWESOME!!!
The Man (demo without M Jackson ) - Nice!

Can't wait to hear McCartney 3, I just hope it doesn't sound like a bunch of home demos like McCartney I did.

Robbers Ball was recorded during a 2nd visit to Lympne Castle just a month before the McII sessions started so I can see how it belongs here. It does fit in sound wise.

bipbop13
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 pm 

I see they're screwing us over with no 2 CD 1 DVD option like Band on the Run Had. Guess I'll have to shell out a crapload for the "book" version that won't match my Band on the Run that I got. :x

Where I Do Movie Reviews (not for the kids)

humanoidboogie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:10 pm 

RAJ wrote:

Hurray! This is excellent news. I certainly hope McCartney 3 WILL sound like a bunch of home demos. The first solo LP is good, the second is fantastic, hopefully the third will be even better. Bring it on! I hope it'll have the homespun charm of the first LP, the experimental/new wave/electronic feel of McCartney II and the production values of Chaos and Creation in the Backyard. :love:

RAJ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:13 pm 

humanoidboogie wrote:
RAJ wrote:

Hurray! This is excellent news. I certainly hope McCartney 3 WILL sound like a bunch of home demos. The first solo LP is good, the second is fantastic, hopefully the third will be even better. Bring it on! I hope it'll have the homespun charm of the first LP, the experimental/new wave/electronic feel of McCartney II and the production values of Chaos and Creation in the Backyard. :love:

I will agree with you if the demo-like charm has some production work to tidy it up like was done on Chaos & Creation.

beckman
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:47 pm 

mccartney I is the best macca album for me. it breaths the spirit and the sound of the get back sessions. it´s rough and not kitschy. on all other macca albums you can hear the kitsch running out of the loudspeakers.

it is the only macca album which I can give a complete spin. for all other albums I need a skipping function.

RAJ
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:17 pm 

beckman wrote:
mccartney I is the best macca album for me. it breaths the spirit and the sound of the get back sessions. it´s rough and not kitschy. on all other macca albums you can hear the kitsch running out of the loudspeakers.

it is the only macca album which I can give a complete spin. for all other albums I need a skipping function.

I found the live versions of the McCartney I tunes with a real drummer (ie. Joe English, Steve Holley, etc.) were a bazillion times better. Take "Maybe I'm Amazed" for example. The McCartney I version is a demo with pitiful drumming compared to the Wings Over America version. Just my preference, but I'd rather him not drum at all and use some kind of drum machine (as horrible as they can sound)!

Mel Torment
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 pm 

bipbop13 wrote:
I see they're screwing us over with no 2 CD 1 DVD option like Band on the Run Had...

It's not mentioned in the advance publicity so far but I did hear a rumour that the cheaper 2CD/1DVD/NoBook option will be available. Fingers crossed. It is odd that it hasn't been mentioned so far...

tmangia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 am 

Can't wait for the different take of Temporary Secretary!!! :love: :love: :love:

RAJ
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:27 am 

tmangia wrote:
Can't wait for the different take of Temporary Secretary!!! :love: :love: :love:

Agreed!!!

admiral halsey
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:42 am 

No set of re-issues will please everyone. However, BOTR was a step in the right direction. Let's hope that future re-issues have the same buying options and extra material.

AH

PS Just wondering if the Glasgow gig is going to be released by stealth? Personally, I think it would be a perfect accompaniment to Egg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next