BootlegZone

Made for and by bootleg lovers
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

The Fool
 Post subject: BEATLES67 rude and juvenile as they come
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:55 pm 

Beware of user i.d. BEATLES67.

He calls me an idiot because I told him I don't trade with people who don't write in complete sentences and use punctuation.

He then sends me several emails that either mock me or call me an idiot.

I realize my standards may be a little "out there" with using complete sentences and all but hey, if you really want to trade with a person don't you think you'd give someone the common courtesy of writing to them in a polite civilized manner?

Anyone else experience this kind of treatment from BEATLES67?

peterchecksfield
 Post subject: Re: BEATLES67 rude and juvenile as they come
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:00 pm 

The Fool wrote:

He calls me an idiot because I told him I don't trade with people who don't write in complete sentences and use punctuation.

wha the f... ? :lol:

Seriously, I don't know this guy. But how can you call someone a bad trader because of their grammer? Is English his/her first language? Is he/her dyslexic? Is he/her simply poorly educated?

Also take into account that many younger people are used to writing in 'text speak'. Annoying yes, but this doesn't make the person a bad trader.

Denny Wingman
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:22 am 

No, peter, I think the problem is that The Fool gets insulting E-Mails because he refused a trade. That's generally low class. It should always be possible to turn down a trade. On the other hand I can understand Beatles67 feeling insulted depending on how The Fool's answer was worded.
I once traded with Beatles67 and he seemed like a decent guy to me. I didn't mind his spelling or punctuation.

The Fool
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:40 am 

BEATLES67 wrote to me and stated "wanna trade".
Is this a statement, a question or what?

I replied, "I don't trade with people who do not use complete sentences and punctuation".
(Halfway joking and yet serious too...)

He then replied with some silliness about I'm a fool and blah, blah, blah, still using run on sentences, no capitals or punctuation.

I wrote a 2nd reply to him stating something to the effect that I wouldn't trade with him because of his punctuation.

(Now after that exchange wouldn't you either say to yourself "I guess he doesn't feel like trading with me" or "I should use complete sentences and try to sound halfway trustworthy to this person I don't know")....?

Well no, he didn't because he writes 2 more pm's calling me an idiot.
I didn't reply anymore.

Sorry, but I don't trade with people like that.

Yeah, I'm a bad person, flame away baby....

Last edited by The Fool on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

peterchecksfield
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:46 am 

The Fool wrote:
BEATLES67 wrote to me and stated "wanna trade".
Is this a statement, a question or what?

I replied, "I don't trade with people who do not use complete sentences and punctuation".
(Halfway joking and yet serious too...)

He then replied with some silliness about I'm a fool and blah blah blah, still not using run on sentences, no capitals or punctuation.

I wrote a 2nd reply to him stating something to the effect that I wouldn't trade with him because of his punctuation.

(Now after that exchange wouldn't you either say to yourself "I guess he doesn't feel like trading with me" or "I should use complete sentences and try to sound halfway trustworthy to this person I don't know")....?

Well no, he didn't because he writes 2 more pm's calling me an idiot.
I didn't reply anymore.

Sorry, but I don't trade with people like that.

Yeah, I'm a bad person, flame away baby....

Your loss, his gain by the sound of things... :wobble:

Wanna trade? Check out my lists.

The Fool
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:52 am 

peterchecksfield wrote:
The Fool wrote:

Seriously, I don't know this guy. But how can you call someone a bad trader because of their grammer? Is English his/her first language? Is he/her dyslexic? Is he/her simply poorly educated?

Also take into account that many younger people are used to writing in 'text speak'. Annoying yes, but this doesn't make the person a bad trader.

It makes them a bad trader when they personally insult you, don't you think?

peterchecksfield
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:02 am 

The Fool wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
The Fool wrote:

It sounds like he over-reacted, but then so did you. He probably felt insulted too, offering a trade to you & then being refused AND criticised about the way he asked.

The Fool
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:52 am 

peterchecksfield wrote:
The Fool wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
The Fool wrote:

It sounds like he over-reacted, but then so did you. He probably felt insulted too, offering a trade to you & then being refused AND criticised about the way he asked.

I didn't overreact. I stated "I don't trade with people who can't write complete sentences". Big deal! I didn't call him names.
He calls me a fool and an idiot because I refused a trade with him...oh I feel so bad! :cry:

beatles67
 Post subject: THE FOOL IS HE A FOOL OR NOT A FOOL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:42 am 

:cry: :cry: I APPROACHED THE FOOL FOR A TRADE AND I EMAILED 20 OR MORE BZ USERS. I YES MISPELLED WANNA INTENTIONALLY I SENT OUT QUITE A FEW EMAILS AND TRADING IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN NOW I'M ON THE HALL OF SHAME FOR RUN ON SENTENCES AND MISSPELLING A WORD HE TOLD ME HE DOESN'T TRADE UNLESS WE CAN HAVE CORRECT SPELLING AND AS HE SAYS IT PUNCTUATION I HAVE ONLY THIS TO SAY IF I OFFENDED YOU I'M SORRY BUT IF I CONTACT YOU ON A TRADE THEN TRADE WE DON'T HAVE TO GO TO DINNER OR DANCE IT'S ABOUT TRADING RIGHT?
MY RATINGS ARE NOT BAD I'M IN THE PROCESS OF A FEW TRADES I HAVE THIS MDR WHO I DON'T KNOW GIVEN ME UPDATE BAD RATINGS

Last edited by beatles67 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ringosshed
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:43 am 

I looked at this guys ratings. The Fool has a point here!!

carlalane
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:45 am 

The rants.
The writing style.
The upper case.

Could it be that bad boy Jeffy has returned?
http://www.bootlegzone.com/phpBB3/viewt ... light=jeff

He certainly wrote some ugly things to me when I refused a trade.

Denny Wingman
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:33 pm 

But he has a different name, I traded with Beatles67.

The Fool
 Post subject: Re: THE FOOL IS HE A FOOL OR NOT A FOOL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:32 pm 

beatles67 wrote:
:cry: :cry: I APPROACHED THE FOOL FOR A TRADE AND I EMAILED 20 OR MORE BZ USERS. I YES MISPELLED WANNA INTENTIONALLY I SENT OUT QUITE A FEW EMAILS AND TRADING IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN NOW I'M ON THE HALL OF SHAME FOR RUN ON SENTENCES AND MISSPELLING A WORD HE TOLD ME HE DOESN'T TRADE UNLESS WE CAN HAVE CORRECT SPELLING AND AS HE SAYS IT PUNCTUATION I HAVE ONLY THIS TO SAY IF I OFFENDED YOU I'M SORRY BUT IF I CONTACT YOU ON A TRADE THEN TRADE WE DON'T HAVE TO GO TO DINNER OR DANCE IT'S ABOUT TRADING RIGHT?
MY RATINGS ARE NOT BAD I'M IN THE PROCESS OF A FEW TRADES I HAVE THIS MDR WHO I DON'T KNOW GIVEN ME UPDATE BAD RATINGS

:no:
No, you're not in the hall of shame because you can't construct a clear sentence.
It's because you wrote back to me calling me a fool and an idiot after I turned down a trade with you.

I just wanted other people to be aware of your method of operation.
I mean if people don't mind being insulted or verbally abused by you, then that's their perogative.
I'm just making it known for the record!

beatles67
 Post subject: TO BE OR NOT TO BE A FOOL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:43 am 

TO PUT ME IN THE HALL OF SHAME IT'S A JOKE I WAS NOT RUDE AS YOU SAY YOU WERE VERY ANAL AND STILL SEEM TO BE :lol: :lol:

beatles67
 Post subject: TO BE OR NOT TO BE THE FOOL THE COMPLETE STORY
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:53 am 

The Fool Re: New message 06 Feb 2006 09:57 CET
Another suggestion, please use capitals and punctuation when you write.

That is all.

Love,
~The Fool
i don't trade with people who don't speak/write in complete sentences and who do not have a trade list.

The Fool Re: New message 05 Feb 2006 23:51 CET
I don't trade with people who don't speak/write in complete sentences and who do not have a trade list.
wanna trade (BEATLES67)
WELL ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED HERE IS THE COMPLETE MESSAGE ANYONE OUT THERE SEEING THIS WOULD ALSO CALL HIM A FOOL WHICH IS THE NAME HE PICKED AND AN IDIOT FOR EVEN PUTTING ALL THIS ON HALL OF SHAME THE END. :oops: :oops:

The Fool
 Post subject: Re: TO BE OR NOT TO BE THE FOOL THE COMPLETE STORY
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:21 am 

beatles67 wrote:
The Fool Re: New message 06 Feb 2006 09:57 CET
Another suggestion, please use capitals and punctuation when you write.

That is all.

Love,
~The Fool
i don't trade with people who don't speak/write in complete sentences and who do not have a trade list.

The Fool Re: New message 05 Feb 2006 23:51 CET
I don't trade with people who don't speak/write in complete sentences and who do not have a trade list.
wanna trade (BEATLES67)
WELL ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED HERE IS THE COMPLETE MESSAGE ANYONE OUT THERE SEEING THIS WOULD ALSO CALL HIM A FOOL WHICH IS THE NAME HE PICKED AND AN IDIOT FOR EVEN PUTTING ALL THIS ON HALL OF SHAME THE END. :oops: :oops:

All facts, I do not trade with people who do not write in complete sentences and who do not have a trade list.
Does that warrant calling me a fool and an idiot? I think not.

Please come back to the table when you have a complete thought, until then I suggest you check into AA or some support group and talk through your issues.

That is all.
~The Fool

p.s.
You missed using some punctuation up there in your little temper tantrum. :lol:

The Fool
 Post subject: Re: TO BE OR NOT TO BE A FOOL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:25 am 

beatles67 wrote:
TO PUT ME IN THE HALL OF SHAME IT'S A JOKE I WAS NOT RUDE AS YOU SAY YOU WERE VERY ANAL AND STILL SEEM TO BE :lol: :lol:

What if I am particular? Does that make me an idiot or a fool? Nope!

You're pathetic. :bleuh:

beatles67
 Post subject: THE FOOL HAS SPOKEN
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:49 am 

TO BRING THIS TO A FULL CLOSING YOU ARE AFTER ME I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'LL LET PEOPLE JUDGE ON HOW ABRUPT AND NEGATIVE YOU WERE FUNNY NEXT TIME GIVE SOMEONE A CHANCE TO ANSWER BACK DON'T JUMP THE GUN! OH AND BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT A TANTRUM IT'S A RESPONSE AND TO REPLY TO YOUR AA IT'S NOT WORTH IT . I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY I'M PUT IN THE HALL OF SHAME WHEN YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE HERE IF I CALL YOU THE FOOL AND YOU'RE OFFENDED WHY DID YOU NAME YOURSELF THE FOOL??? :? :?

arkivel
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:47 am 

Can't someone take the high road here? If you don't like a persons grammar that’s your prerogative, but that doesn't give you the right to act rudely towards them. A simple "I'm too busy at the moment" would suffice.

I know I'm about to expose myself as a hypocrite, for not taking the high road, but I'll say this anyway. There is saying that goes something like this:

Those who can, do, those that can't, teach.

Next time check your own punctuation and grammar before you call someone else out and publicly humiliate them. By the looks of your writing, you're obviously not a Rhodes Scholar, and a bit of a hypocrite.

Alessandro Marinho
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:00 am 

auehUHEUHheUheuEAuhUAheAe.... what a bunch of crap!!!!

humanoidboogie
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:40 am 

Alessandro Marinho wrote:
auehUHEUHheUheuEAuhUAheAe.... what a bunch of crap!!!!

There's that funny laughter again...

agentx16
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:49 am 

Well, this is a place where people with different backgrounds come together. And with this you always have people with different habits and preferences (I can still remember when doing my first trade, my 'trade mate' was very upset because I didn't use my real name in the PMs, so I changed this ...)
But back to the topic. For me (as a non native english speaker) to read such message written by BEATLES67 are very difficult to understand and therefor I would prefer "normal" english sentences and with correct spelling and grammar.

stephsbear
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:00 pm 

Alessandro Marinho wrote:
auehUHEUHheUheuEAuhUAheAe

I am REALLY having trouble knowing how to pronounce that....

Why is there all of a sudden new activity on all these old bad trader threads? Kinda odd....

Alessandro Marinho
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:14 pm 

The day you can pronounce a laughter I will be the one having troubles getting it... :D

BeatleCollector
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:34 am 

I think what you meant to say in the subject line is: "as juvenile as they come"... "juvenile as they come" says someone who is coming is being juvenile...

Hm...

I CAN'T believe anyone who uses a computer in the year 2007 can't understand what "wanna trade" means... :wobble: